What we do
- Mission: Co-developing Finland into a Prime Mover in new mobility services and vehicle technologies and quickly leveraging the results internationally.
- Strategy: Accelerating innovation by conducting piloting and capability building activities:
- transport related technologies (e.g. 5G, electrification, autonomous driving); and
- mobility services and new business models integrating public and private transport service.
- Resources: Access to leading academic research (Tsinghua University, University of Tokyo, UC Berkeley, etc.)
- Joint capability building and action learning with industrial leaders (ABB, Fortum, Ponsse, Valmet Automotive, etc.)
- Piloting new enabling technologies for mobility services: Connectivity, Electrification, and Autonomy
- International expansion of the ecosystem: Identifying potential collaboration cities outside Finland by collaborating with WALCC.
- Ponsse and Telia collaborate on IoT solutions AVM Anchor company Ponsse is a forerunner in the development of digital solutions. Already in 1997 Ponsse started to relay data on the work of their forest machines to the customers, e.g. information on the location of the machines and the number of trees processed. Today the machines relay a variety of data that is ...
By 2020, the AVM ecosystem has launched at least five new technology offerings and five new services on international markets based on successful piloting in Finland.
By 2020, the AVM ecosystem is identified as a key collaboration partner of all the biggest cities in Finland which have aligned their procurement processes to support the introduction of new mobility services and technologies. The WALCC and the AVM ecosystem have also become active influencers of the transport legislation in Finland, and the new market conditions in Finland are examples of successful private-public collaboration in the transportation field.
By 2020, the AVM ecosystem development project has successfully fulfilled its goals, and the ecosystem continues as a market-driven community through the AVM platform managed by the WALCC.
Together with the WALCC the anchors establish the rules of the ecosystem and steer its development through the Advisory Group. They support the piloting and research activities through a higher annual fee than that contributed by Members.
Participate actively in the execution of one or several work packages in the project and carry out own development work to strengthen the ecosystem. Members support the financing of the ecosystem activities through an annual fee lower than the one of Anchor organizations.
Are interested in following how the ecosystem evolves e.g. by participating in open workshops organized by the WALCC relating to the project. They do not participate in the financing of the program, but an Observer organization may join the community as a Member at a later point.
- SuomiAreena forum, July 16th-20th, 2018; Pori, Finland Interest from Anchors and SME Members in the AVM ecosystem has been strong, with many companies pleased at the opportunity to exhibit their products and services at the forum booth and the associated seminar at the Rosenlew museum nearby (Tuesday, July 17th, 11-18, Kuninkaanlahdenkatu 14). A preliminary agenda has been developed which spans the weeks ...